Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sayre.....Part 4. 1990's

We had started attending the First Baptist Church. Mark wanted to join this church because that's were the top business men went and he was one of them. The same time we started another couple also joined, Arlene and David. David was the new optometrist in town. Arlene, would become a very close friend.

Mark's sister and brother in law came to visit us for a few days. While they were here visiting we went to eat and I noticed that he was calling the waitress honey and baby. This was something he never did before. The uneasiness was still with me.

A couple of weeks later I woke up in the middle of night to find Mark not in bed. I thought he must not have been able to sleep and I would find him watching TV in the living room. This was before cell phones so I couldn't call him. He came home a few hours later and when I asked him where he had been he said at work. He was an administrator of a nursing home and said he had gone to make sure employees where working. I didn't say anything at the time but in my heart I knew that wasn't true but wanted to believe him so bad.

During this time he wasn't coming to bed but staying up watching TV. When I would ask him to come to bed he would say he wasn't sleepy. During this time he wasn't telling me he loved me which he always did before and was really acting like he couldn't stand to be around me. Things were different and when I would ask what was wrong he would say nothing.

My birthday came around and he gave me a dozen roses. I was surprised. I thought things were going to be different. The next day the 12 roses had died and were black as black could be. I looked at those roses and thought "our love has died'.

A week or so later I was looking at his checkbook and noticed an entry and a receipt for an expensive place to eat. The receipt was for two. My heart fell. Mark hadn't taken me so who did he take?? I asked him about it and he blew it off saying he had taken someone to eat for doing a good job. I knew he was lying. I was so scared. We had moved 600 miles from family and I didn't have anyone to talk to. I felt like my life was spinning out of control and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

A week later he told me that Lisa (the sugary sweet one!) was getting a divorce. I was shocked and scared at the same time. Mark also told me he had been fired! Mark also said Lisa had been fired. When I asked him why he said something that didn't even make sense and he didn't want to talk about it.

A couple of nights later I woke up, checked on the kids, and noticed Tiffany was not in her bed. I thought she has sneaked out! I jumped in my car to find Tiffany. I didn't even notice that Mark's car was gone. I was going to go downtown to see if she was hanging out there. Instead of turning right I turned left out of the drive. I thought I'm going the wrong way and turned left again and then seen a trailer park and I thought I would turn around in there. I had never been this way and didn't even know the trailer park existed. While I was driving through to turn around I noticed Mark's car parked in front of a trailer. OH MY GOSH! I was furious! So this is what's going on. I was so mad I didn't even think about what I was doing. I jumped out of my car and ran to the trailer door and started pounding. I was pounding on the door so hard that it came opened. I went inside and it was empty! I was going to every trailer until I found him. I was obviously not thinking too straight. I could have been killed pounding on doors and breaking in. I went to the next trailer. The lights were on and I could hear a TV. I pounded, I could here someone say "moma someone's at the door". I didn't say anything but pounded. The door opened and I went in (was that crazy or what) and saw Lisa's daughter and I knew what was going on. I went down the hall and Mark was coming out of the bedroom, he was scared because he thought it was Lisa's husband. I could see Lisa lying in bed. I asked him "what the hell are you doing here". He said "I'm just visiting". I yelled "if you want to visit, visit with your wife". Great comeback, huh! He told me to go home and he would be there. I don't know how I got home but when he came home I was throwing his stuff into the yard. I was yelling. Acting liking a crazed woman. Thinking how could he do this. He grabbed me and bent my arms around to my back and leaned me over the couch. Mark said "I married you because I thought you would die". " I didn't know you were going to live this long". The fight went out of me. He thought I was going to die?? I was in my 30's why was I going to die. I had been real sick before he asked me to marry him but I wasn't going to die. I watched him carry his stuff out to the car and then he woke up Markie. Markie wanted to know what was going on and he told him they were leaving. I asked him where he was going and he said to Lisa's. Could my heart break anymore? This was it. NO talking about it. Our marriage was over.

Later, I realized God led me to that park. God prepared me for this. It was during this time, since I was so far from my family, that I learned to lean totally on God! I was so lost and hurt.

No comments: