Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sayre...the beginning

To write anything about Sayre I must first write about how I arrived in Sayre. Start at the beginning...to make sense of everything that took place. God was preparing the way for me before I arrived. God had a plan. I didn't even know it.

In him we were also chosen having been predistined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will. Eph 1:11 NIV


1990
I was married to Mark, and living with my 3 children in Miami. We were attending Liberty Baptist Church. Our pastor Carol had gave a sermon on praying for God to do His will in our life not our will. Not how we want our life to go. Not to keep us from having pain in our life but Gods will in our life. To do with our life whatever He wanted. To do whatever it takes to get our attention. The saying goes you need to watch what you pray for you might just get it. Several weeks later I was talking with my friend Paula about this and told her I had been praying for this. I remember Paula's answer as if it was yesterday. Paula said, "Oh no, I'm too scared to do that. I'm afraid something will happen to one of my kids". I was surprised by this. Paula was refering to praying for God's will to happen in her childrens life. I hadn't been thinking really of something awful happening like that. I thought it would be something good. After all, why would God allow something bad to happen. Hmmm.....Nothing happens to us that has not trickled through God's fingers.

No comments: