Monday, March 1, 2010

Brokenhearted

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

How many times have we felt crushed or brokenhearted? It could have been over a failed relationship/marriage, a job lost, our home in foreclosure, a child not walking with the Lord, a child with a terminal illness, a parent ill and as simple as someone hurting our feelings. Someone we trusted. But, nevertheless, brokenhearted and crushed. Or how about brokenhearted over something that we said or did that crushed someone? Whether intentional or not.

Lord, thank you for being near when my heart was breaking and putting your arms around me. Reminding me that I have you to love me unconditionally and restore me. Lord, I just pray that I will not crush anyone with my words or deeds today. Lord, I lift up those that are brokenhearted or crushed to draw you near.
In Jesus Name

No comments: