Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Laughter

Today I had taken a client to the doctor. While I waited in the waiting room for my client I begun to look at a magazine. I was reading the last page which had a short story on it when I started actually laughing out loud and then laughing so hard I was crying.There was no stopping it. I looked around the waiting room to see if someone was hearing this laughter. A lady was coming out from the patient area and looked at me strange. I was still laughing. As she got closer to me I could tell she thought I was laughing at her. I explained that I was laughing at the story I was reading. The lady said "well I thought you were laughing at me because I said I wanted to see my 6 month old granddaughter". I guess she had been talking to the nurse. I don't think I could have heard her over my laughing. :) I assured her I wasn't laughing at her but the story and she said "I'm glad you have had your laugh for the day" and walked out the door.

Laughter, a good belly laughter, is good for the soul! Maybe not to the people that had to witness it but it was good for me.

No comments: