Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sayre....the uneasiness starts. Part 3 1990

Mark moved to Elk City until the house he found for us in Sayre would be available. I went to Elk City to visit him for the weekend. Mark had been there for a couple of weeks and seemed a little different. I couldn't place my finger on it. I found a plastic bag of weed in the drawer and asked Mark about it. He had told me he wasn't smoking weed anymore. He gave me the excuse that it must have been left there from the previous renter. I didn't believe him. I wanted to but in my heart I knew it was his. I also, didn't want to confront him about it. I wanted so bad for everything to work out for us in Sayre.

We moved to Sayre in June. I loved Sayre. To me, Sayre look like it came right out of an old Clint Eastwood movie.

There was still something going on with Mark. He just didn't act the same. Shortly after moving in I went up to the Nursing Home. Mark showed me around and was introducing me to different people. We were standing in his office when a woman came in and Mark introduced her as the activity director. Her name was Lisa. Lisa shook hands with me and I thought to myself she was not someone you could trust and I actually had a sick feeling in my stomache! Lisa, I can only described as sugary sweet. The kind you wouldn't trust with your husband. I thought surely her husband could take care of her. Mark had mentioned her before to me and told me she was married and had 3 girls.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I think I would desribe Lisa as Spicy sweet. Lol!